Cottage & Family + vintage frame

Chalk Paint Little Projects

So one of my biggest hang-ups

with taking the Chalk Paint plunge

was the fact

I really don't like to brush

paint furniture and it is kind

of pricey ~

(I do adore all of the gorgeous

pieces that everyone has done though!!)

Most everything I paint are little

pieces that I sell on my website ~

IF I ever paint furniture it is

in my paint booth with a huge

air compressor sprayer ~

But....after reading about it

pretty much everywhere I decided

to give it a try and see what all

of the hoopla is about ~

I went around and grabbed some little

pieces in my workshop and "played"

with my new paint ~

It is so fun to work with because it

truly feels different to me ~ It covers

very well and has the neatest look

pre-waxed and after the wax ~

The Annie Sloan book shows tons

of stuff you can do with it that

I am anxious to learn ~

Here are the steps and looks that I did

on an old frame ~

This is the first coat

of Duck Egg Blue

( I LOVE this color )

Then I did a coat of Old White

This is how it looked sanded

and waxed with clear ~

This is with the dark wax ~ I am not sure

which I like better with or without the

dark wax ~ I think they have their own

really pretty distinct looks ~

I actually love the look without

the wax too ~ but the wax brings out more

of the color and gives it a

wonderful feel ~

These are two other pieces I did ~

The Fleurs Pocket has a

Paris Grey base coat ~

I am pretty sure I will be doing

my kitchen cabinets but

has anyone used it in a sprayer ?

I am working on a frame that is

ready to be waxed ~

See ya soon!!

Annie Slaon Chalk Paint, love, pray, and more:

Chalk Paint Little Projects + vintage frame