Cottage & Family + TIME

Beeswax Altered Canvas

I was having fun working with Beeswax today so I thought I would do a tutorial as I was playing around ~
I just love the look of Beeswax and have been working on some altered canvases ~

~ Altered Beeswax Canvas Tutorial ~

First you decide what paper pieces you would like to use and then you adhere them to your canvas ~ I use Modge Podge ~

Then to give it an aged look take any brown tone ink and just randomly sponge ~ Make sure and do the edges too ~

When you have all of the paper items that you would like on your canvas it is time to paint over it all with your melted beeswax ~ I melted mine in a tiny crock pot and paint it on with a cheap brush because the brush will be ruined ~ the beeswax gives it a really neat look ~ I did not wax over my lace this time but you can do that if you want ~

The next step is to add embellishments ~ I love tea dyed and crinkled seam binding so I added it along with some roses and vintage buttons ~ these are hot glued on ~

That is it !! So easy and fun !

If you want to purchase the finished canvas you can get it here ~

This is another one that I just finished ~

altered art, beeswax, canvas, e tutorials, love, and more:

Beeswax Altered Canvas + TIME