Cottage & Family + TIME

Scenes from 2010 New Jersey Art Educators Conference

This year I attended and presented at the 2010 AENJ conference. I always have such a great time! The convention is a wonderful opportunity to "recharge" my teaching batteries and get some great new ideas from the fabulous art teachers in our crazy state.

Here are some pictures I snapped of the cool projects I saw.

Recycled Robot---Used scraps of cardboard boxes and other recycled items to make a robot collage

Hamburger Assemblage- I have seen this one on the Internet before-- students help themselves to a fixins' bar and stack up the layers!

Spooky pictures-- Silhouettes with googly eyes, a quick and easy project!

Gargoyles- This was my favorite project! Students created a gargoyle head out of model magic and painted it with watered down grey tempera. Then they drew the gargoyle body and created a wall for the gargoyle to sit on.

LIFE, and more:

Scenes from 2010 New Jersey Art Educators Conference + TIME