Cottage & Family + TIME

Magical Amulets

This project was one of my weirder projects--- sometimes I wonder where I come up with things!! I was inspired by some beautiful "slices" of quartz agate.

I purchased a ton of agate slices and handed them out to the kids. I asked the students to study and examine the color and tone of the rings in the agate. I gave them two large pieces of paper (18x24) and a piece of tin foil. First, students cut the large papers into a blob shape (cut both at the same time) and flipped one over. Students cut a blob shape out of the foil and pasted one to each of the amulet sides. Next they painted concentric rings around the tin foil blobs (some students painted vertical stripes, or started off with two tin foil blobs). We then stapled the two halves together and stuffed them with paper. Students added beads and strings to the bottom of their masterpiece.

beautiful, kids, LIFE, and more:

Magical Amulets + TIME